From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-core@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Council meeting summary for meeting on 20060914
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 21:21:37
1 This is a simple summary of the recent Gentoo Council meeting from
2 September 14th, 2006.
3
4 Present council members: flameeyes, kingtaco, kugelfang, kloeri,
5 robbat2, wolf31o2, vapier (late)
6
7 First, we voted if we should allow "impromptu" meetings, outside of the
8 monthly schedule. This passed with 6/7 votes, with vapier abstaining
9 due to tardiness. The consensus on the meetings is as follows:
10
11 We will allow meetings outside of the schedule on time sensitive issues.
12 The meeting needs more than 5 council members, and it should be done
13 with no less than 3 days notice, unless the council unanimously decides
14 to hold it sooner.
15
16 Next were concerns brought about from the QA team. We decided (6/7,
17 vapier abstaining) that the QA team should work with other concerned
18 parties to determine the requirements for moving the devmanual SVN to
19 Gentoo infrastructure, since it is considered an official Gentoo
20 product, before any further decision on it can be made. It was also
21 decided that the QA team should work on their own policies, with input
22 from other teams, for approval by the council. The council volunteered
23 to assist in coordination, if necessary.
24
25 Next, we decided to push the monthly meetings to 2000UTC on the second
26 Thursday of the month to better suit the new council's availability.
27
28 During the open floor, we decided that there was no need to mention
29 conflicts for most council members, as we should all be adults and
30 capable of making unbiased decisions. The exception to this (being
31 adults... just kidding...) was kloeri in response to escalations from
32 devrel, as he is the lead there. This also lead to roll-call being
33 updated to show everyone's current roles, so transparency is maintained.
34
35 After some minor discussion about USians not knowing their own country
36 code (*grin*) we adjourned.
39 Chris Gianelloni
40 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
41 Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams
42 Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee
43 Gentoo Foundation