From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] kerberos USE flag
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2008 00:22:57
1 Mart Raudsepp wrote:
2 > On Fri, 2008-10-31 at 15:50 -0600, Joe Peterson wrote:
3 >> Michael Hammer wrote:
4 >>> * Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o> [081031 15:53]:
5 >>>> If no one opposes, I say we redact this USE flag asap.
6 >>> ++
7 >> I was also wondering why kerberos was on by default - I definitely
8 >> approve of nuking it.
9 >
10 > I'm believe the primary reason is for release LiveCD's.
11 > They ship with evolution-exchange, and that requires
12 > evolution/evolution-data-server to be built with USE=kerberos
13 > They don't do /etc/portage business, so it's a global USE flag to get
14 > things like GRP packages to work right.
15
16 If that's the case, then I say whack it from global USE and change it to an IUSE
17 default (or whatever is in vogue these days) for eds.
20 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
21 Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Genkernel + Release Engineering Lead