From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: deprecate /usr/share/doc/$PF
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 04:49:08
Ulrich Mueller wrote:
> [...]
I like the logic in #1 as a user. What if two packages have the same name but different categories tho? It is rare but I do run into this from time to time. I try to emerge something but am informed by emerge that I have to include the category for emerge to know exactly which package I want installed. I do agree that docs are sometimes hard to find. The only way I have any success is equery files <package name> then see where it put them or if there is none to find. Back to my hole. Dale :-) :-) -- I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words! Miss the compile output? Hint: EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"