From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] 'State of Gentoo' BoF session, Linux Symposium 2010.
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2010 20:59:55
1 100709 Robin H. Johnson wrote:
2 > I'm running a BoF session during Linux Symposium 2010 in Ottawa next week,
3 > entitled 'State of Gentoo'.
4 > http://www.linuxsymposium.org/2010/view_abstract.php?content_key=75
5 > Questions about progress on specific topics are warmly welcomed.
6
7 Good to know something useful is happening in our capital this year (grin).
8
9 There is still a serious misperception out there among non-users
10 that Gentoo is about performance. This needs to be corrected:
11 I believe we all use it for the choice & control it offers.
12
13 Perhaps there's also a disadvantage in that Gentoo doesn't receive
14 the commercial publicity behind Ubuntu, Fedora & Suse,
15 nor does it have the ancient history of Slackware & Debian.
16
17 I continue to be as happy a user as I have always been since 2003 .
18
19 HTH
23 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
24 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
25 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca