From: Collins Richey <erichey2@××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] xfce & kde on gentoo
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 17:46:13
1 On Thu, 10 May 2001 17:30:49 -0600 Daniel Robbins
2 <drobbins@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Thu, May 10, 2001 at 05:04:28PM -0600, Collins Richey wrote:
5 >
6 > > Not quite - I used the alternative command listed in the install
7 > instructions
8 > > which is advertised as being the equivalent of the 'p' option
9 > which is not
10 > > available on my original system. If this doesn't work, you need
11 > to revise the
12 > > install instructions.
13 >
14 > Hrm, yes, you're right. I need to fix the install instructions;
15 > the "p" option
16 > is needed in both cases. Apologies for the error; I'll fix the
17 > docs now.
20 Thanks. Now I need to find the one missing critical permission that
21 permits me from utilizing dns services in normal user mode. I have
22 kde and xfce working normally, except that all dns requests are
23 getting host not found. If I use specific ip addresses, everything
24 works, for example this mail session.
25
26 ---
27 Collins Richey
28 Denver Area