From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] EAPI 6 draft for review
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2015 12:52:36
1 >>>>> On Sat, 17 Oct 2015, hasufell wrote:
2
3 >> 2. eapply_user really belongs in the PM, especially if it's run by
4 >> default. And it needs patch applying function. And if we have to
5 >> implement patch applying function anyway, we may as well make it
6 >> public to avoid unnecessary duplication.
7
8 > Unreliable. The ebuild may define its own src_prepare function
9
10 That eapply_user is called can be enforced by repoman, or by a QA
11 warning.
12
13 > or the PM might define eapply_user as a no-op, which is valid as
14 > per PMS.
15
16 Sure, it is implementation defined. Otherwise PMS would have to
17 specify all the details, e.g. where does the package manager look
18 for user-supplied patches and how are patch directories organised.
19
20 Ulrich