From: Mivz <mivz@×××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] unicode and userlocales useflag
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 13:19:56
1 Hello,
2
3 Recently I converted my system to use unicode support. I used the
4 unicode upgrade guide for that.
5 Now some few updates later, I get errors for missing locales.
6 But I have my LINGUAS configured right.
7 Now I noticed the new /etc/locales.build wich I configured.
8 But nothing changed.
9
10 Looking at the unicode upgrade guide again, I noticed the reference to
11 the Gentoo Localisation Guide. This tells me to add a none existing USE
12 flag userlocales. It is not described any where. Also emerge world -NuD
13 does not change on userlocales or -userlocales.
14
15 Am I wrong, or is the documentation wrong?
16
17 Also locale -a tells me
18 locale: Cannot set LC_CTYPE to default locale: No such file or directory
19 locale: Cannot set LC_MESSAGES to default locale: No such file or directory
20 locale: Cannot set LC_COLLATE to default locale: No such file or directory
21 C
22 POSIX
23 de_DE
24 de_DE@euro
25 en_HK
26 en_PH
27 en_US
28 en_US.utf8
29 es_MX
30 fa_IR
31 fr_FR
32 fr_FR@euro
33 it_IT
34 ja_JP
35 ja_JP.eucjp
36 ja_JP.utf8
37
38 probably because NL_nl.UTF-8 is not build anymore?
39
40 But, my LINGUAS has only "nl en",
41 why do I have de, es, fa, fr, it and ja locales and not nl?
42
43 Mivz
46 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list