From: George Shapovalov <georges@×××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] LINCVS problem emerging
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 12:07:55
1 On Tuesday 28 May 2002 03:02, Daniel Schröter wrote:
2 > DEPEND="kde? ( >=kde-base/kdelibs-2.1.1 )
3 > # =x11-libs/qt-x11-2*"
4 > >=x11-libs/qt
5 Since you deleted version (PV part), you need to delete the "=" before the
6 specification. The way you have it now you are telling portage that lincvs
7 should depend on *exactly* qt?-what? ??
8 You cannot have either PV or >=,<=,=,~... in [R]DEPEND. You should have both
9 or none. But here comes the question: are you sure lincvs will compile wit
10 qt-3*? My guess is "=" is there for a reason. I think thats a "-x11" part
11 that is problematic (see below).
12
13 The error you get after your modifications actually tells me that it it "#"
14 emerge is confused about. Is this code you put above exact replica of what is
15 in your ebuild?
16 In this case no wonder it will bobm out: [R]DEPEND definition should be
17 enclosed in ""; it can contain {whitespace+\n} separated entries, but nothing
18 else! Thus "#" inside your DEPEND line won't work. Even if it did you would
19 be commenting out closing ". So that entry should read:
20 DEPEND="kde? ( >=kde-base/kdelibs-2.1.1 )
21 =x11-libs/qt-2*"
22
23 Also, I see the original ebuild depends on qt-x11, - it looks like the ebuild
24 is really outdated, I would guess nobody dared to emerge it in quite a while.
25 Please submit your changes to bugs.gentoo.org as you get it to work, or in
26 any case please file a bug report.
27 Thanks!
28
29 George