From: R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Call for help: python3.5 testing
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2016 20:46:49
1 On Sun, Aug 7, 2016 at 12:27 PM, Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o> wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > I would like to make a push to get python3.5 stable in the next few
5 > months. There are a couple things that need to happen first.
6 >
7 > 1. Add python3_5 to PYTHON_COMPAT for current ~arch packages. A list
8 > of packages that need to be tested and marked compatible with
9 > python3.5 is producted daily.
10 >
11 > https://qa-reports.gentoo.org/output/gpyutils/34-to-35.txt
12 >
13 > 2. Stabilize any packages necessary to support python3.5. A list is
14 > also produced daily. For this step, I imagine we will create one giant
15 > stablereq bug for the sake of arch testing efficiency, but feel free
16 > to stabilize them ahead of that.
17 >
18 > https://qa-reports.gentoo.org/output/gpyutils/34-to-35-stablereq.txt
19 >
20 > If you have some time, please do some testing on packages from the
21 > first list. For packages that have a working test phase, don't
22 > necessarily expect all tests to pass; just look for regressions from
23 > python3.4. For packages that have no test phase, a compile and basic
24 > import test (python3.5 -c "import foo") is generally the best we can
25 > do.
28 I have been using in VMs since near it came out. Main incompatibility
29 is with SELinux markings.