From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] obs eclasses
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 05:40:12
1 On Tue, 13 Sep 2011 11:41:00 -0500
2 Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o> wrote:
3 > Thanks for the reminder; I looked, and it turns out that we now have
4 > a great precedent. Quoting PMS:
5 >
6 > "The required bash version was retroactively updated from 3.0 to 3.2
7 > in November 2009 (see http://www.gentoo.
8 > org/proj/en/council/meeting-logs/20091109.txt)."
9 >
10 > So we could just retroactively update it again and let people scream
11 > if they're actually affected by this.
12
13 The last time this happened, the Council said "we're doing this once
14 because people have forced our hand, but we're never doing it again".
15 That's not a precedent.
16
17 > Maybe a way to set tree-level dependencies/EAPIs/features is
18 > something we seriously need to get going on.
19
20 No need. GLEP 55 solves it with a far lower impact.
23 Ciaran McCreesh