From: Robert Schrem <robert.schrem@××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Disfunctional AltGr on german keyboard, Kups crashes ?!
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 12:42:20
1 My Gentoo system is getting better and better...
2 But: I've got still a localisation problem I can't
3 solve due to lack of deep knowlege on X-Windows:
4
5 I tried to bend gentoo-1.0-rc3 to work probably
6 with german keyboard. In /etc/rc.d/configure/basic
7 I applyed the folowing edits:
8
9 KEYMEP="de-latin1-nodeadkeys"
10
11 And somewhere else I changed en_US to
12 de_DE (don't remember the place, it was somewhere
13 pretty obious). After a reboot my keyboard worked
14 just like it should - except in X-Windows.
15
16 After doing
17
18 localedef -i de_DE -f ISO-8859-1 de_DE
19
20 it went better, the letters öäüÖÄÜß are working
21 now (as you can see!). But all letters that I can
22 only reach by using the AltGr key shift are still
23 disfuctional (for now I'm doomed to copy paste
24 letters like @ one by one - pretty ugly. hmmm)
25
26 Can anybody give me some hints?
27
28 PS: Is it only me that suffers from the regulary
29 crashing Kups program to set up CUPS?