From: Thomas Flavel <thomasfl@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] mission critical changes 8) (was: ebuild, ip6tables headaches, kernel confusion, xinetd vs. tcpwrappers)
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 04:17:05
On Wed, 10 Jan 2001, Morgan Christiansson wrote:

> Hello everyone *new on the list* > > Thomas Flavel wrote: > > > I was kind of surprised there was no ircd in rc3 - possibly not the most > > important app to have, *but* - and speaking of mission critical changes, > > you know the little graphical tux you can have at boot time? How about > > changing that to a little gentoo spaceship? :) > > Nooo! Make it like this: > > * news: > http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=01/01/04/1336222&mode=nocomment <-- > news (slashdot!) > http://linuxnews.pl/news.html?id=38964 <-- news and screenshot 1 > screenshot > > * real thing: > http://lpp.freelords.org/ <-- THE patch > http://lpp.freelords.org/Themes.phtml <-- lot's of l33t screenshots >
Thanks, but not to my personal taste :) I like to see what's going on, though I wouldn't mind a small un obtrustive image I couldn't stand it full screen. Still, for the people that would use it I think it would be nice to have a lpp theme for gentoo, if only for the sake of completness :) On a similar note, will the the cd cover images be available from www.gentoo.org? - Tom