From: Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Tone in Gentoo
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 22:15:23
1 On 06/16/10 07:43, Jeroen Roovers wrote:
2 > That's a conclusion first, then a premise?
3
4 "Tone is not a strength of Gentoo" is my own obserservation.
5 Please be more verbose - I fail to understand the core of your question.
8 >> - How come tone is so rough when we actually meant to be
9 >> a friendly community? Has it always been that way?
10 >
11 > What are you referring to? forums.g.o? bugs.g.o? #gentoo? Who, where,
12 > when, what channel, thread?
13
14 I have oberved this in #gentoo, in the forums and basically every thread
15 releated to Python 3 - that topic seams to be a heat bomb. Are links to
16 concrete threads really necessary? I'm afraid we'll be arguing about
17 that very case and justifications for this and that sentence then. My
18 concern are all threads together.
21 >> - With these Code of Conduct rules in place how come DevRel
22 >> is not publicly reminding of these rules where necessary?
23 >
24 > When did you point this out to devrel?
25
26 I have previously contacted DevRel with concerns about their inactivity
27 even with cases happening. I have not asked for specific actions on the
28 mailing list, though.
29
30 I agree with antarus that it shouldn't be the job of just DevRel to
31 demand friendly tone on communication mediums but the job of everyone
32 involved.
35 > Being probably guilty of all of the above, I'd say it would help if the
36 > Gentoo users would file GOOD bug reports,
37
38 As I understand you say that bad bug reports make it hard for you to
39 stay friendly. Correct? Any ideas what we could do on our end to
40 improve the situation?
41
42 Best,
46 Sebastian