From: Brian Harring <bdharring@××××.edu>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] distfile diff's
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 09:32:17
I've recently been thinking about how the heck we could implement a distfile
diff setup- I posted some of my thoughts on the forums (with no results so
far) at http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=46151 .

I'm still wondering how does a src (say afbackup) get transferred to the
gentoo distfile mirrors?  Is this an automated process, or a transfer done by
somebody?

The way I see it, either we could end up w/ some semi-automated solution
that's handled by the servers (bad in my books), or the developer of the
specific ebuild would have to create the diffs.

If it's the developer who creates the diff, I need to know when/how a distfile
gets moved to the mirrors...
Anyone?
~harring
bdharring@××××.edu