From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: The changes about the stabilization process
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2016 22:31:35
1 On Wed, 28 Dec 2016 23:21:51 +0100
2 Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o> wrote:
3 > On Thu, 29 Dec 2016 03:49:30 +1100
4 > Michael Palimaka <kensington@g.o> wrote:
5 > > > Can you please avoid reintroducing the term "atom" there, when we
6 > > > are trying to get rid of it elsewhere [1]? Note that PMS doesn't
7 > > > define the term [2].
8 > >
9 > > Any suggestions for improved text? Ideally it would be
10 > > stabilisation/keywording agnostic as the same field is used in both
11 > > components.
12 >
13 > How about "atoms". We've been using that for ages (regardless of what
14 > PMS authors think) so why change it now? Alternatively, I would
15 > propose to call them "bikesheds" as that will work just as well as
16 > any other label and will succinctly refer to the creative process
17 > that made it a replacement for "atoms".
18
19 We made a deliberate decision not to use the word "atom" in PMS because
20 it means subtly different things in different contexts.
23 Ciaran McCreesh