From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proposal for adding berlios to thirdpartymirrors.
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 09:18:52
1 On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 23:30:33 +0100 Piotr Jaroszyński <peper@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 | > I'm sure all of you understand that not much work would be
4 | > necessary for the the transition as it can occur over time, for
5 | > example when package maintainers modify an ebuild. So, what do you
6 | > folks think?
7 |
8 | I had asked about it once and was told that berlios mirrors are
9 | unreliable(changing files) and should be avoided. Although things
10 | change, so is it still the case?
11
12 They stopped doing this when we contacted them and asked them not to.
13
14 (The issue was that they had a download script that added a few bytes of
15 watermarking onto the end of tarballs.)
18 Ciaran McCreesh
19 Mail : ciaranm at ciaranm.org
20 Web : http://ciaranm.org/
21 Paludis is faster : http://ciaranm.org/show_post.pl?post_id=61