From: Kevin Chadwick <ma1l1ists@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: College Course in Gentoo Development
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 11:37:31
1 > People simply don't seem to realize that you can go away and
2 > do something else while all that's happening
3
4 Like servers I prefer build machines to be more secure dedicated build
5 machines without a browser or X, so I expect it's a bit of a barrier
6 for me.
7
8 Having said that I haven't found the time to see how much time and
9 resources are involved compared to Sabayon and how often yet whilst
10 using libreoffice binaries.
14
15 'Write programs that do one thing and do it well. Write programs to work
16 together. Write programs to handle text streams, because that is a
17 universal interface'
18
19 (Doug McIlroy)