From: Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFD: EAPI specification in ebuilds
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2012 02:23:35
On Wed, 07 Mar 2012 17:36:05 -0500
Alexandre Rostovtsev <tetromino@g.o> wrote:

> FYI, any Russian speaker is *guaranteed* to read the name ".eb" as a > very common obscenity.
In Dutch it means the low tide, and as a verb, it means "becoming low" or "decreasing" as in the tide or some other fluid. In English it means something very similar as in the Dutch verb, only without the tidal reference. Other Germanic languages will probably have their own variants. In Crimean Tatar it apparently[1] references "easiness" or "simplicity", in Hungarian it's the word for "dog", while in Nauruan it means "country." But that's not important right now (see also [2]). The important thing to remember is, the bike shed protects our bicycles from the elements. jer [1] http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/eb [2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/bytesex