From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] sys-libs/ncurses: erronious deletion of *.dll.a files; possibly other packages affected
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2017 19:35:52
1 On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 10:01 PM, Marty E. Plummer
2 <hanetzer@×××××××××.com> wrote:
3 > arfrever suggests I send a mail here, as there are other packages which
4 > may be affected by this issue and perhaps a more generalized fix is
5 > required instead of an explicit fix in sys-libs/ncurses and other ebuilds
6 > that may require it.
7
8 I think the solution here is to remove those overly broad "find
9 -delete" statements and replace them with something safer.
10
11 Ideally the build system(s) would be patched to not compile static
12 libs in the first place.
13
14 If that's not possible, perhaps an eclass function could be created to
15 safely remove static libs.