From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] irregular metdata.xml check - 3rd edition
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 08:42:06
1 On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 09:30:14AM +0100, Thilo Bangert wrote:
2 > > 2. Check that metadata with a proxy maint also has a non-retired Gentoo
3 > > person listed.
4 > 'Proxy maintainer without gentoo association' means 'there is neither a
5 > herd nor a gentoo maintainer listed'. you want to require a maintainer? a
6 > lot more ebuilds will fail this check...
7 >
8 > one may actually want to restrict that even further, and require both a
9 > herd and a maintainer, as to define a pool of backup people in case the
10 > gentoo maintainer retires.
11 I actually ran into this when jakub asked me to check some email
12 addresses that were in metadata.xml for bugzilla validity.
13
14 Originally, the one package was proxy maintained, having the external
15 and two Gentoo devs, with no-herd. The devs then retired, but the
16 external contributer was still interested, just lacking a contact.
20 Robin Hugh Johnson
21 Gentoo Linux Developer & Infra Guy
22 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
23 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85