From: Michael Reid - CSCI/P2001 <m6reid@×××××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: gentoo linux sources X blank screen
Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 20:54:13
1 > X refused to start, all I got was a blank screen.
2 >
3 > Then I tried using my 2.4.19 config with preempt and the low latency
4 > scheduling.
7 I don't know if my problem was exactly the same as yours but its sounds
8 somewhat similar. For me it turned out that I had the nvidia framebuffer
9 device enabled in the kernel, which was apparently conflicting with the
10 nvidia kernel driver. It took awhile to find this since awhile back I was
11 using another dist where there were no problems when I used both.
12
13 So if its enabled, turn it off and see what that does.
14
15 Good luck.