From: Dan Douglas <ormaaj@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] bash-4.4 - call for testers
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2016 07:48:35
1 On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 5:29 PM, Kent Fredric <kentnl@g.o> wrote:
2 > Maybe you could do some horrible QA Violation like USE=multislot
3 > which changes the slot from :0 and adds the -suffix at the same time.
4 >
5 > But I still don't think its a useful or good idea.
6
7 Really? Why is this a problem? Some issue to do with the symlink involving
8 chroots or network filesystems I'm not considering?
9
10 Looks like every version ends up in /bin anyway so you can make /bin/bash
11 another hardlink that's a synonym for /bin/bash-suffix. I can't think
12 of a way to screw that up other than perhaps by doing something weird
13 with overlayfs.