From: Doug Klima <cardoe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [GLEP] Use EAPI-suffixed ebuilds (.ebuild-EAPI)
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 18:02:24
1 Luca Barbato wrote:
2 > RĂ©mi Cardona wrote:
3 >
4 >> I'll speak up then :)
5 >>
6 >> What I _really_ would like to see ASAP :
7 >>
8 >> 1) Dropping digest-* files for real (ie, not even having them on the
9 >> master rsync server and CVS)
10 >>
11 Slated for after 2007.1 is released.
12
13 >> 2) Slotted deps (I had the feeling we were really close to having this a
14 >> while back, and then radio silence, maybe I missed the final announcement?)
15 >>
16 You can already. Assuming you don't mind putting EAPI=1 inside of your
17 ebuilds.
18
19 >> 3) USE-deps
22 > Ok those interesting.
25 >> As for the politics behind the naming of the EAPI, where it should be
26 >> placed in the ebuild, whether it should be in metadata.xml or in the
27 >> filename, I don't really care that much.
30 > I'm thinking about having them embedded in the comment as first line as
31 > something like
32 >
33 > #!/usr/bin/env emerge --eapi $foo
36 I always wondered why we didn't put a shebang as such at the top of
37 ebuilds.
38 --
39 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list