From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFD: EAPI specification in ebuilds
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2012 16:49:17
On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 3:41 PM, Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
> Again, the proposal comes in two variants: > 2a) It is combined with a one time change of the file extension, like >    .ebuild -> .eb. > 2b) The usual EAPI assignment statement in the ebuild is still >    required, at least for a transition period. >
Just throwing my opinion in: I like proposal 2 better than proposal 1. Placing a regex-based constraint on a bash variable assignment doesn't feel right to me. I slightly prefer 2a over 2b because it feels cleaner. I'm sure it will break some tools, but I don't have a good feel for the scope of that breakage.