From: Philipp Riegger <lists@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Adding /etc/udev/rules.d/ to CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 18:03:30
1 On Fri, 2007-08-31 at 18:13 +0200, Tobias Klausmann wrote:
2 > I find the persisten-net-generator.rules particularly annoying
3 > (for various reasons including, but not limited to system images
4 > and system cloning).
5 >
6 > So I have an empty file of that name and happily nuke whatever
7 > comes along with udev updates. I could of course unmask that
8 > file if it were to be masked in the future.
9
10 INSTALL_MASK = [space delimited list of file names]
11 Use this variable if you want to selectively prevent certain
12 files from being copied into your file system tree. This does
13 not work on symlinks, but only on actual files. Useful if you
14 wish to filter out files like HACKING.gz and TODO.gz.
15
16 Philipp
19 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list