From: Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: deprecate /usr/share/doc/$PF
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 02:43:06
1 On Sun, 18 Dec 2011 21:26:08 -0500
2 Alexandre Rostovtsev <tetromino@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Sun, 2011-12-18 at 23:02 +0100, Michał Górny wrote:
5 > > What if 'foo' has slot named 'bar', and there is unslotted 'foo-bar'
6 > > package? :P
7 >
8 > There are no such examples in the tree. The only ebuilds I could find
9 > with non-numeric slots are various kernel sources, chromium,
10 > google-chrome, beautifulsoup, python-dateutil, b43-firmware,
11 > binutils-apple, gcc-apple, and rep-gtk. If cross-compiling there is
12 > also insight, gdb, newlib, and uclibc, maybe a few more packages from
13 > sys-devel/.
14 >
15 > For completeness, I suppose that it wouldn't hurt to add a provision
16 > to allow package maintainers to choose a different documentation
17 > directory if that's required to prevent a file collision.
18
19 For completeness, could you post a list of packages that would benefit
20 from your proposed changes? It's a little thing called scope. :)
23 jer