From: Alastair Tse <liquidx@g.o>
To: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-core@g.o, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-core] A proposal about proposals
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 20:33:05
1 On Sun, 2003-06-29 at 19:41, Grant Goodyear wrote:
2 > Fair enough. Also, I think we should do away w/ the unnecessary
3 > distinction between Informational and Standards-Track GLEPS.
4
5 I think it would be more appropriate to rename Standards-Track to
6 something more descriptive rather than doing away with it (you suggested
7 that in GLEP1). Maybe "Action" or "Enhancement"?
8
9 > > Of course, then comes the point, how and who gets to say whether a
10 > > particular proposal as minor/major? :)
11 >
12 > Well, surely that's something to be debated as part of the GLEP.
13 > Presumably the GLEP author assigns an expected impact, the editors can
14 > change that impact (with the author's approval?), and the final impact
15 > rating can be altered during the GLEPs discussion.
16
17 Sounds good to me.
18
19 > We really need to have at least two editors. Care to formally
20 > volunteer for the job? If so, please ask klieber to give you cvs
21 > permissions for the GLEP site.
22
23 No problems. I'd like to volunteer myself to get this off the ground
24 (<-- formal) :)
25
26 > comments?
27
28 Just in case people have forgotten, the URL is:
29 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/glep/
30
31 Cheers,
32 --
33 Alastair 'liquidx' Tse
34 >> Gentoo Developer
35 >> http://www.liquidx.net/ | http://cvs.gentoo.org/~liquidx/
36 >> GPG Key : http://cvs.gentoo.org/~liquidx/liquidx_gentoo_org.asc
37 >> FingerPrint : 579A 9B0E 43E8 0E40 EE93 BB1C 38CE 1C7B 3907 14F6