From: Matthew Summers <quantumsummers@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Reviving webapp-config
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2011 21:38:27
1 Ladies and Gentlemen,
2
3 After consultation and discussion at length with several developers, I
4 am writing to announce the impending revival of the tool known as
5 app-admin/webapp-config effective immediately. If any fellow
6 developers or motivated users from our superb community wish to join
7 in this effort, please don't hesitate to assert your voice in the
8 process by responding to this thread. We are aware of several bugs
9 that need attention and towards their resolution as well as to
10 facilitate a more pleasant development experience we have moved the
11 repository to git.overlays.g.o proj/webapp-config.git which is also
12 easily viewable via the web for those that want to follow along.
13
14 While I may prefer to paint the bike shed purple and adorn it with
15 Larry's beautiful head, I'm certain others have different ideas. It
16 has under discussion that a fairly substantial refactor and extension
17 in functionality is needed for webapp-config to bring it into the
18 current era of web application frameworks (i.e. django, rails,
19 erlyweb, lift, etc) while also supporting the existing functionality.
20 I hope that this email serves to invite and stimulate conversation
21 towards the revival of an excellent tool for Gentoo.
22
23 Please let us know your thoughts and interest!
24
25 Kind Regards,
26
27 Matthew W. Summers