From: Thomas Flavel <thomasfl@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Python Probs
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 11:33:31
1 On Fri, 12 Jan 2001 drobbins@g.o wrote:
2
3 > > > console-based Linux system". If someone needs a "stripped sys" (for a special
4 > > > project), it's easy enough to remove the packages that aren't needed (or use a
5 > >
6 > > That reminds me, what kind of minium size are we looking at here? I
7 > > would very much like to get gentoo running on my hand held pc, which has
8 > > a mere 32Mb ram and no other disks (I can't afford any ;) - eventually
9 > > it will go into rom, but is it feasible to make a tiny image of a system
10 > > to fit into that? du estimates please :)
11 >
12 > Do you have an x86 handheld pc? The base system won't fit within 32Mb; getting
13 > it to fit would require some serious stripping down and a few tricks.
14
15 Hitachi SH3 - I was wondering for the future :)
16
17 I wasn't aware there are any x86 hand held pcs? I would have though the
18 power requirements would be too high?
19
20 > > Also I was wondering if there was going to be a "recovery disk"
21 > > (although I'm more than happy to use the boot cd)?
22 >
23 > We're moving towards being a CD-based distribution and have no immediate plans
24 > to create a 1.44Mb bootable recovery disk.
25
26 Ok, that's good. I didn't like floppies anyway ;)
27
28 - Tom