From: Kfir Lavi <lavi.kfir@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: I'm looking for a mentor
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2011 19:16:05
1 On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 12:53 PM, Kfir Lavi <lavi.kfir@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 2:33 PM, Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>wrote:
6 >
7 >> On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 12:24:54PM +0300, Kfir Lavi wrote:
8 >> > On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 11:03 AM, Kfir Lavi <lavi.kfir@×××××.com>
9 >> wrote:
10 >> >
11 >> > > Hi all,
12 >> > > My name is Kfir Lavi, I'm 36 years old, father of a gorgeous child ;)
13 >> > > and a Linux user for about 8 years (I don't count really ;-).
14 >> > > I'm a Linux BSP developer here in Israel.
15 >> > > I started from LFS, and after few weeks I had a Pentium 100Mhz loaded
16 >> with
17 >> > > X...
18 >> > > I'm a Gentoo user for few years now, and I'm interested in embedded,
19 >> > > catalyst and stuff
20 >> > > related to day to day desktop. At home we are working just on Gentoo,
21 >> no
22 >> > > other OS installed there.
23 >> > > I'm experienced in cluster environments to embedded environments. I
24 >> have
25 >> > > worked with Perl, Python and Ruby.
26 >> > > I do prefer Bash for day to day usage. I also do C programming that
27 >> relate
28 >> > > to Kernel stuff.
29 >> > > In the last few month i did a lot of work using Catalyst, crossdev and
30 >> > > "embedded" in general. I'm using
31 >> > > Portage facilities for my own work internal use. As part of that, I
32 >> did
33 >> > > some work on public ebuilds.
34 >> > > As work get more complicated, I find myself in need of packages that
35 >> are
36 >> > > not always
37 >> > > maintained as I need them.
38 >> > > As a start I would like to start maintaining dev-libs/ace, as we are
39 >> using
40 >> > > it in our systems a lot.
41 >> > > I have emailed Daniel Black, the current maintainer of ACE, about
42 >> > > changing ownership, but
43 >> > > because I'm not a gentoo dev, we can't do it.
44 >> > > I'm currently in a battle of shifting major company to Gentoo from
45 >> vxworks
46 >> > > and Windriver.
47 >> > > Not easy, and because of that, I have been learning a lot of Gentoo
48 >> > > internals. This really
49 >> > > opened up my view about Portage and it's abilities.
50 >> > > My aim for the future is bringing Catalyst and Portage to an OnDemand
51 >> > > embedded (crossdev) state (Which is a lot to ask, but we'll take it
52 >> step by
53 >> > > step).
54 >> > >
55 >> > > I would be happy if someone will find the time to mentor me to become
56 >> a
57 >> > > Gentoo dev.
58 >> > >
59 >> > > More info about me:
60 >> > > http://www.linkedin.com/in/lavikfir
61 >> > > http://gentoo-what-did-you-say.blogspot.com/
62 >> > > I'm a proxy maintainer of app-misc/utimer
63 >> > > http://github.com/kfirlavi/Amalia - Testbed for network testing
64 >> > >
65 >> > > Thanks,
66 >> > > Kfir
67 >> > > lavi.kfir at gmail...
68 >> > > IRC: kipibenkipod
69 >> > >
70 >> >
71 >> > Common guys, no one? ...
72 >>
73 >> Kfir,
74 >>
75 >> I can help you with that. Contact me off-list
76 >>
77 >> Regards,
78 >> --
79 >> Markos Chandras / Gentoo Linux Developer / Key ID: B4AFF2C2
82 > Hi,
83 > Thanks to Markos, we have started the mentoring process.
84 >
85 > Regards,
86 > Kfir
89 Hi Markos,
90 I'm contacting you to let you know that I'm still interested in your
91 mentoring.
92 I find it very hard to concentrate on the quizzes you sent me, as I'm deeply
93 at work.
94 I'm returning home everyday at ~22:00.
95 I also have a family and a small 1 year old child, that needs my attention
96 ;-)
97 I did small part of the test.
98 Do you want me to send you the test as is and we'll take it few questions at
99 a time, or you need it full?
100
101 Have a nice weekend,
102 Kfir