From: Takashi Yoshii <yoshii.takashi@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] What to do for better support?
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 08:21:32
1 Hi,
2 I have been trying Gentoo Linux on sh(SuperH) target board.
3 I starting at stage3-sh4-2007.0 binary, and synced to newer portage
4 snapshot. Then successfully built stage1,2 and 3 using catalyst.
5 I'm impressed with the system running just like as PC (but speed).
6
7 I want sh to be supported more, and to be released officially in future.
8 Currently, it doesn't have stable profile, and no 2008.0 release
9 (not even as an experimental), though.
10
11 I wonder what should I do. After reading docs, I've found most of all I (as a
12 non-gentoo-developer) can do is testing and sending bug to Bugzilla or so.
13
14 I've got nothing to BTS so far, because my trial was so successful.
15 So, maybe I should...
16 - Test more packages of "sh" to find and report bugs?
17 - or Test "~sh"s to change them to "sh" ?, or "" to "~sh" ?
18 - or Test using (or providing?) binary at place like tinderbox?
19 - Any others? (perhaps, seeking arch maintainer...)
20
21 Please give me hints.
22 /yoshii
25 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list