From: Frank Lyner <flyner@×××.ch>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] emerge apache
Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 08:50:53
1 Hi
2
3 First of all I want to congratualte you for your realy great distribution.
4 You may be pleased to hear, that Gentoo is getting quite popular among my
5 collegues here in Switzerland.
6
7 I am sorry to bother you with this quite detailed question.
8
9 I just emerged apache and can't get it running. I always get a "httpd could
10 not be started" when I try the command "apachectl start". The httpd-command
11 is unknown by my shell and neither locate nor find can find it.
12 Everywhere in the docs you find the path "/usr/local/apache" mentioned. But
13 your installation simply didn't create it.
14
15 I would be very thankfull for an advise.
16
17 Greetings from Switzerland,
18 Frank
21 GMX - Die Kommunikationsplattform im Internet.
22 http://www.gmx.net