From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] User/groups additions in ebuilds - is this a bug..?
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 02:29:23
1 I emerged mgetty a week or two ago, and whilst configuring it found I
2 had to add a new group using `groupadd` in order to get the it running.
3
4 I don't remember the details now, but I *think* mgetty defaults to
5 (setting incoming files as?) group "modem" (unless changed in the
6 config files), yet the supplied voice.conf (included because Gentoo's
7 mgetty is patched with the vgetty voice extensions) refers to a "phone"
8 group.
9
10 Sorry to be hazy on the details, but in any case it case it is
11 definitely necessary to add a group to /etc/group to get it running &
12 the ebuild does not do so. What is policy on this, please..? Should I
13 file a bug report..?
14
15 Stroller.
19 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list