From: "Sean P. Kane" <spkane@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-dev] Problem's with rsync
Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 14:30:05
1 This sounds like networking is down or a good resolv.conf was not copied
2 to /mnt/gentoo/etc before doing the chroot.
3
4 Sean
7 -----Original Message-----
8 From: Brian Sands [mailto:bsands@×××××××××.com]
9 Sent: Monday, May 06, 2002 11:20
10 To: gentoo-dev@g.o
11 Subject: [gentoo-dev] Problem's with rsync
15 Hello All,
16 I'm in the middle of re-installing Gentoo, and I'm getting a
17 strange error while trying to emerge rsync. Any idea or has anyone seen
18 this before? I guess I'm wondering if this is a problem on my side or
19 if it's a server side issue.
20 starting rsync with rsync://rsync.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage...
21 rsync: getaddrinfo: rsync.gentoo.org 873: Temporary failure in
22 name resolution
23 rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(97)
24
25 Ciao