From: Timothy Redaelli <drizzt@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] punt mingw ebuilds out of the tree and into a mingw overlay
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 10:24:59
1 Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > having ebuilds in the tree that only work when you have a mingw compiler annoy
3 > me greatly as their only purpose is to produce windows binaries ... aka,
4 > things that are useless to a linux host
5 >
6 > however, i think it's a lovely idea to open a mingw overlay and populate the
7 > sucker until it's stuffed full of crap for people to use
8 >
9 > comments ?
10 > -mike
11
12 imho we can punt mingw stuff without overlay and if a user want to
13 cross-compile he can always use crossdev mingw32
14
15 My 2 cents
16 --
17 Timothy `Drizzt` Redaelli - http://drizzt.bsdnet.eu/blog/
18 FreeSBIE Developer, Gentoo Developer, GUFI Staff
19 There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX.
20 We don't believe this to be a coincidence. -- Jeremy S. Anderson