From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] GRP Installation Instructions: test plz
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 07:57:18
1 Hi,
2
3 There are some inconsistent reports on the GRP installation commands on the
4 installation guide.
5
6 The installation instructions are now:
7
8 For CD 1:
9 # cp -R /mnt/cdrom/distfiles/* /mnt/gentoo/usr/portage/distfiles/
10 # cp -a /mnt/cdrom/packages/* /mnt/gentoo/usr/portage/packages/
11
12 For CD 2:
13 # cp -a /mnt/cdrom/packages/* /usr/portage/packages/
14
15 I've tested these commands in simulation and they seemed to work. Note that
16 the trailing "/" are necessary. However, I do not have the CD-1+2 so I can't
17 test it 100% (I do have a listing on what's on the CDs).
18
19 If there are still troubles with these commands, speak up plz, but I'm not
20 really interested in other commands that accomplish the same, I just want the
21 installation guide to be correct so we can have the new LiveCDs with a
22 working installation guide.
23
24 Wkr,
25 Sven Vermeulen