From: Brad Laue <brad@××××××.com>
To: danarmak@g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Portage quibbles
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 15:47:36
Dan Armak wrote:
> That, I believe, is what emerge --deep (aka -D) is for.
--deep won't find mozilla if it's been installed as a dependency of evolution and it's a dependency of nothing else in the world file, even levels below; it will simply slip through the cracks, as it were. I had this experience when installing a new Gentoo system and having emerged mplayerplug-in; after unmerging it, an upgrade to mplayer appeared and emerge world -up --deep refused to see it. Brad -- // -- http://www.BRAD-X.com/ -- // -- gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list