From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] We Are All wltjr On This Blessed Day
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2017 23:01:48
1 On Mon, 4 Dec 2017 14:43:15 -0800
2 Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o> wrote:
3 >
4 > Sorry. I think I was confusing a number of irritating things you've
5 > done: email spoofing,
6
7 That was a complete accident due to a new version of Kmail that had the
8 from field editable by default. It was NOT intentional. Not the 1st
9 time. The 2nd time was for confirmation. I was in disbelieve such
10 abuse was even possible with @gentoo.org addresses. That was a shocking
11 discovery given I have administrated mail severs for quite some time.
12 In part why I use ASSP.
13
14 > doing whatever you did to get banned from GitHub
15
16 That should never have happened. Over this comment. You tell me does
17 this make any sense to ban someone from Gentoo's Github? Which did not
18 go through Comrel or any normal channels. That was Gentoo Github
19 administrator abuse. I said nothing here that was untrue.
20 https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo/pull/1721#issuecomment-300178677
21
22 As a result I mentioned it again on this PR and then stopped
23 responding. Given its off topic, I would be punished not the other.
24 I felt I should have responded to not be rude. Given their lengthy
25 response and any reply would be in detail. Just not worth it for me.
26 https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo/pull/6033
27
28 > and then that time ten years ago that you evaded a mailing
29 > list ban. My apologies.
30
31 Thank you, very few if any have ever said that. It makes a huge
32 difference! Not that I expect it from anyone. But I do try to say sorry
33 when I am wrong. Think that is a sign of an adult, or man.
34
35 In a nutshell others have cast their negative impression of me onto
36 others. Who because person A feels this way about me, person B does as
37 well and the rest of the dominos. No matter if its correct or not. That
38 has gone on for many years. Been publicly defamed, etc.
39 Even when I produce facts to counter it seems to not matter.
40
41 We are in the group thinking generation it seems. I am not perfect, but
42 I have never had bad intentions. I should never have been treated as I
43 have been for a very long time. I would never seek to treat others that
44 way. Even with the mistreatment I still do not respond in kind to
45 others. No profanities, etc. Its not in my nature publicly surely not
46 in written form.
47
48 I have a sailors mouth, but I have a hard time typing such words....
49 Some may perceive disrespect or rudeness from me, but that maybe more
50 my blunt nature than intentional disrespect. I spent to much time in
51 the hood growing up. I know better, I am still alive... :)
54 William L. Thomson Jr.