From: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, tex@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] "Projectifying" the TeX herd
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 10:33:49
1 Hi,
2
3 I'm planning to "projectify" very soon the TeX herd by adding a tex
4 subdirectory in gentoo/xml/htdocs/proj/en (like other languages
5 already have); This will be very minimalistic at first but will allow me
6 to put some documentation resources there (like the TeX Live migration
7 how-to), and also adding some more visible goals, which will probably
8 help communication to users (like plans to deprecate tetex as it has had
9 no upstream for a while, but we still rely a lot on it; another idea
10 would be to provide a tool to guess which texlive package to install
11 if you need a specific texmf file).
12 Despite me asking for someone else, nobody stepped up as a lead, so
13 I suppose I'll be the lead "by default".
14
15 Of course, anybody is very welcome (and encouraged) to join, especially
16 if you handle some TeX related packages. And don't worry if maintaining
17 a TeX distribution frightens you, you won't be forced to do it if you're
18 in ;)
19
20 Regards,
21