From: Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] stripping escape sequences from build logs
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2012 15:45:15
1 On Sat, 2012-09-01 at 17:39 -0500, William Hubbs wrote:
2 > All,
3 >
4 > I find the included escape sequences to be annoying when I am reading a
5 > build log.
6 >
7 > Is there a way to strip these?
8 >
9 > Thanks,
10 >
11 > William
14 Porthole's terminal strips most of them, processes some. It also does
15 message filtering and highlighting for warnings, errors, and an emerge
16 process summary. The filtered messages are also double click-able to
17 bring you to the exact spot in the log. Making it easy to find the
18 errors. The filtered messages can also be easily configured (well, if
19 you can do python reg expressions ;). It can load build logs for
20 viewing, "Actions" ==> "Open Emerge Log" menu items in portholes main
21 window. It also has dynamic automatic line wrapping, so resizing the
22 window reformats the viewed text.
23
24 P.S. It did message filtering long before portage got the capability.
25 --
26 Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o>