From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Redux: removal of digest files from the tree
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 13:41:22
Hi folks,

Just a heads up - I have done the digest removal now, and regenerated
every Manifest file. The manifest1_obsolete file is in place
accordingly.

I did NOT however implement the digest-* block, specifically so that I
can try and find what developers have subtree checkouts, and query them
about their usage patterns of said checkouts. If the files get
committed, I just remove them again, simple enough.

I'll repeat that, hopefully to get a better response, If you have a
subtree checkout of the gentoo-x86 repo (I am not interested in any of
the others), please email me offlist, I'd like to talk to you about
them.

P.S. I think I killed CIA.vc, because it was working before I touched
37k files in the tree, and it broke soon after I started. They need to
scale better!

P.P.S. For disk saving, jokey's numbers are roughly 90Mb of raw data,
and 2Gb worth of inodes, so cvs up folks.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
Gentoo Linux Developer & Infra Guy