From: Maciej Mrozowski <reavertm@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Over using preserve_old_lib, don't do that
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 19:23:57
1 On Thursday 15 of July 2010 16:24:08 Mike Auty wrote:
2 > On 15/07/10 14:57, Maciej Mrozowski wrote:
3 > > And what about using portage 2.2 and be done with it. I don't see the
4 > > point in reinventing the wheel yet again.
5 >
6 > I'm using portage-2.2 and have been since it first came out. I find the
7 > @set notation invaluable.
8
9 From my perspective sets notation is actually worthless and confusing (but
10 that's another topic).
11 IIRC I've already spoke with portage team to think about making it emerge
12 option instead or at least decouple it from sets semantics if possible (or it
13 was about @live-rebuild? hmm). I think there are some preserved-related bugs
14 (false positives) that need to be fixed first. Otherwise I'd welcome it being
15 stable. I've already forgot what revdep-rebuild is thanks to portage-2.2
18 regards
19 MM