From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: robbat2@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] renaming gentoo-oldnet
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2013 16:26:30
1 On Mon, Aug 05, 2013 at 10:09:54PM +0000, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
2 > I'm replying the start of this thread, rather than picking a single
3 > person to respond to. I DO want more brainstorming on ideas for the
4 > naming of the package, and I think people need to cast a wider net for
5 > naming ideas.
6
7 Robin, I would like the decision to be made soon. I need to release
8 OpenRc-0.12 in the next day or so, and if I do not have the answer I
9 will have to do the split in OpenRc-0.13.
10
11 I thought of a name based on your last suggestion and a comment on the
12 list. Instead of networkrc, maybe netifrc (network interface rc).
13
14 So, my choices, in no particular order, would be, netifrc, networkrc or,
15 if neither of those fly, keep gentoo-oldnet.
16
17 If we change away from gentoo-oldnet, we will need to open an
18 infrastructure bug to change the name of the overlay, the bugzilla
19 account and the component in bugzilla before we can take bugs for the
20 new package.
21
22 Thoughts anyone?
23