From: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] usr merge
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2016 16:36:59
1 On Thursday, April 7, 2016 6:22:16 PM CEST, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > Again, I don't see this as a reason not to make it optional, but I
3 > suspect that we will find bugs here from time to time which users who
4 > run with the split /usr will have to report/fix.
7 Considering the advantages of usr-merge are rather specific IMHO but risks
8 during the migration are high, I think you're optimistic on the user base
9 of usr-merged systems :)
10
11 Heck, it hasn't happened yet because there hasn't been such a big need for
12 it.