From: Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] My resignation from Gentoo
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2021 12:16:05
1 On 2021.07.18 05:37, Marco Scardovi wrote:
2 > Hi everyone,
3 >
4 > while I'm writing these words I'm full of sadness because you all are
5 > an
6 > awesome family before being an incredible team.
7 > It's been a while I've been thinking about that but actually I've
8 > realized
9 > Gentoo is just something where I spending and "trash" the biggest part
10 > of
11 > my time (not only free time but actually all my time) and I can't
12 > continue
13 > like that.
14 > I don't know if I will come back again or not but actually I have to
15 > take a
16 > long pause for me and for people around me in my private life.
17 > @sam, @juippis: if you mind I'll leave my PRs open on github,
18 > otherwise
19 > tell me here or on irc. I really want to thank you for your patience
20 > (like
21 > other people here :D).
22 >
23 > You are all awesome and I won't thank you enough for all the thing you
24 > have done for me.
25 >
26 > /me hides.
27 >
28 > Marco Scardovi ( scardracs )
29 >
30 > PS
31 >
32 > My resignation is for GURU, BGO and WIKI too: I will start today
33 > adding m-n
34 > to metadatas
38 Marco,
39
40 Nobody ever leaves Gentoo, people just stray for a while. :)
41
42 Its good that you recognise the signs of over doing it.
43 Have a break. Have a very long break. I'm confident that Gentoo will
44 be here when you decide to join in the fun again. Time permitting.
45
46 My best wishes to you and and whatever you decide to do in
47 the future.
50 Regards,
51
52 Roy Bamford