From: 320095285153-0001@t-online.de (Achim Gottinger)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ebuild remerge
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 14:31:54
1 Pete Gavin wrote:
2
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > I was thinking, suppose you decided to remerge gcc, and the version
6 > you already had installed had all the platform dependent stuff in
7 > /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-pc-linux-gnu, but when you recompile it, it
8 > wants to put everything in /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu. This
9 > means that if you do ebuild remerge, you'll still have stuff hanging
10 > around in /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-pc-linux-gnu. I think the best way to
11 > avoid this would be to make it so a remerge saves the old contents
12 > list and then does a safe unmerge on it after merging the new one. I
13 > can't think of a pretty way to do this, tho... Do you have any ideas?
16 Yes thats true if you run remerge the remaining old stuff should be
17 unmerged automatic after
18 the new version got merged.
19
20 achim