From: Dhruba Bandopadhyay <dhruba@××××××××××××.uk>
To: "Robin H.Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [ANN] New PHP ebuilds - Testing wanting
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 16:18:07
On Thu, 2003-05-15 at 22:37, Robin H.Johnson wrote:
> I would like everybody who uses PHP for anything to please try these > out, as I would like to push them to stable soon. Particullary if you > had problems with Java/QT and PHP previously, please test them!
I've just emerged both mod_php and php from testing. They emerge and work perfectly and solved a garbled text/encoding problem I'd had for a long time with phpsysinfo. I'd recommend moving these to stable as this very moment another build failed with java support enabled. More and more people are choosing to build without java support as they know no other way. I believe if you have your system-vm set to sun-jdk however then the older versions work fine. Excellent work and thank you. -- Dhruba Bandopadhyay -- gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list