From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: graaff@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Adding PYTHON_TARGETS=python2_7 to base profile
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 06:51:10
1 On Mon, 14 May 2012 07:23:35 +0200
2 Hans de Graaff <graaff@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Sun, 2012-05-13 at 16:27 -0400, Mike Gilbert wrote:
5 > > To make ebuilds utilizing python-distutils-ng.eclass usable
6 > > "out-of-the-box", the python team would like to add the following to
7 > > make.defaults in the base profile.
8 > >
9 > > PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7"
10 > >
11 > > See also bug 415575 [1].
12 >
13 > I think this should have been done when the eclass was first
14 > committed. When there is no default setting people will have to set
15 > something themselves and it becomes much harder for the python team
16 > to provide a smooth upgrade path by adding in new preferred targets
17 > later on.
18
19 Yes, in particular the person who opened my bug has interpreted
20 the 'any-of' message as 'set to "python2_6 python2_7"'...
23 Best regards,
24 Michał Górny