From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] gentoo-dev-announce list
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 20:18:24
1 Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > - Create a new list ("gentoo-core-announce" ?)
3 > Reading: dev-only
4 > Posting: dev-only, reply-to set to gentoo-core
5 > This is the reference list of things (policy, decisions and discussions
6 > in progress) all developers must know about.
7
8 Agree with -(core|dev)-announce.
9
10 > - Keep -core and -dev, as non-required reading
11
12 Agree, but with the caveat that devs must still be at least subscribed
13 to -core even if they choose not to read it. This way, you could have a
14 -dev-announce that also refers to something private on -core if need be.
15
16 > Now, do we really need it to be -core-announce? Not really. In fact,
17 > at one point we'd come up with both a -core-announce and a
18 > -dev-announce, with -core-announce being for more sensitive information.
19
20 I'm having a tough time thinking of sensitive information that all devs
21 must know about (i.e., that would qualify for -core-announce).
22
23 Thanks,
24 Donnie