From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Making systemd more accessible to "normal" users
Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 08:41:23
1 On 05/10/2013 09:45 AM, Ralph Sennhauser wrote:
2 > [1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Systemd#Unit_Files
3
4 What if openrc/upstart/runit devs start harassing upstream in the same way?
5
6 Strategically is great, but isn't exactly something nice to do.
7
8 Probably people caring about alternatives should start bothering
9 upstreams likewise and we'll see how it goes.
10
11 I'm sure that *everybody* would be delighted to provide those 4-5
12 different initscripts because one distribution or the other wants others
13 do the work for them...
14
15 I'm saying again that trying to get a good intermediate representation
16 and have a generator (eselect based maybe) provide the init-specific
17 file would be much better.
18
19 In the end initscripts are usually distribution dependent since they are
20 an integration step.
21
22 lu